PPC Advertising : Triple your traffic with Pay-Per-Click
PPC (Pay-Per-Click), we cannot explain it without giving a caption of SEA which means “search engine advertising”; the difference between SEO and SEA is that natural referencing is free. But the paid referencing is explained as its name suggests is through paid ads displayed on SERPs, and both are under the responsibility of an SEO expert.
SERPs in paid search is keyword research, but there are other factors that Google may take into consideration:
- Language: the advertisement is displayed according to the language of the searcher.
- Geographic location: the cost of ads varies by country.
- Remarketing: Ads served to someone who has visited a website before don’t match ads shown to new users.
These factors are very important for advertisers who want to use ad networks.
What does SEA means ?
SEA requires registration with an ad network; these networks control ad activation, price regulation, display and ad design. One of the most well-known ad networks is Google Ads, formerly known as Google AdWords.
Google AdWords and other networks auction advertising space, with winner ranking based on the keyword’s compatibility with the website and on price. Likewise, frequently searched keywords are more expensive compared to popular keywords.
The different costs of SEA
The amounts to be paid by the advertiser to the Google advertising network may vary, the advertiser can choose the cost that suits him best:
• Cost per click (CPC): The advertiser must pay a fixed amount each time a user clicks on the ad.
• Cost per acquisition (CPA): the advertiser must pay a fixed amount each time a user triggers a specific conversion.
• Cost per View (CPV): The advertiser is billed whenever there is user interaction with a video.
So what is PPC or Pay Per Click?
Pay per Click allows you to place an ad or advertisement on search engines, social networks, or websites, and when your ad appears, and a user clicks on the ad, you earn money.
How it works?
This method follows an auction process, what does it mean, when a user searches for a keyword, Google searches the advertiser lists that contain this keyword, then Google will choose the one they seem the most relevant to the query.
And once Google launches an advertising auction, it looks at the following factors:
– Advertiser quality score: the quality of your ads and your landing page, the search context of the Internet user, as well as the expected impact. Even if your competition is bidding higher, your ad can earn a better position, at a lower cost, thanks to the relevance of your keywords and ads.
-The quality of the advertisement: if the advertisement is of lower quality, this results in higher thresholds.
– The relevance of the product put forward according to the site on which it is distributed.
But if we lose the auction what will happen then?
Losing the auction doesn’t necessarily means you aren’t getting PPC space, but it does mean you are getting less.
And to differentiate things, PPC is not a substitute for SEO, but both are very important because each complements other, especially with SEO you get free clicks.
The goal of PPC for your business?
• Achievable objective
• Precise targeting
• Increase brand exposure
• Quick results
• GOOGLE ADS: This is the platform with the most PPCs.
• BING ADS: this platform displays ads in Bing and Yahoo search engines.
• FACEBOOK ADS: All published advertisements are remunerated from the number of clicks on them.
Five Steps to Creating a PPC Marketing Campaign
Define your PPC budget
• Budget: is the total amount you are willing to spend on a campaign per day.
• Bidding: is how much you’ll pay when a user clicks on an ad that served when they searched for the target keyword.
Define your campaign goals
- If you want users to take direct action on your site.
- If you are showing video ads and want to increase the number of views or interactions.
- If you are a new start-up then your goal is to build awareness of your brand.
- If you are a recognized brand then your goal will be to convert more traffic.
Setting a goal is very important, that allows you to target a specific audience, create a plan to follow and achieve the goal you set.
Determine the type of campaign to run
• Ads search at the top of search engines
• Ads on social media platforms
• ReMarketing ads that target people who have visited your website before
Research your keywords
You need to research specific and relevant keywords to help you win the auction.
Create keyword-driven copy with unique landing pages
Just because a user clicks on your ad doesn’t show that you have achieved your goal, NO, the goal will be reached when your landing pages are more engaging, contain the information the user is looking for, and provide a good user experience.